What would you like to do?
For Faculty and Staff:
For External Partners:
- What: The PBS NewsHour recently launched a new series on basic research to capture the excitement of discoveries that come from long hours in the lab. PBS wants to know more about why students who are focusing on basic research have made that decision - just tell us - and show us – why it matters to you.
- Show us in a six-second Vine and tag @NewsHour.
- Share with us in an Instagram video and tag @NewsHour, or send us a direct message with your video.
- Upload a short video to YouTube (no more than 1:00) and title it "Hey NewsHour, this is why I chose basic research” (or some other title we can search for in YouTube).
- Submission Deadline: March 14, 2014
- What: The Southern California Undergraduate Research Conference in Chemistry and Biochemistry is an annual spring event held to offer undergraduates in chemistry and biochemistry in Southern California the opportunity to present their research results.
- Where: Concordia University, Irvine
- When: April 12th, 2014
- Abstract deadline: March 7, 2014
- Registration deadline: March 28th, 2014
National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE) West Regional Meeting
- What: 3-day event consisting of workshops and symposiums focusing on chemistry, chemical engineering, and professional development opportunities for students, STEM educators, and industry professionals. Keynote speakers include Dr. Kimberly Prather (UCSD, SIO, CAICE Director) and Dr. Joseph Francisco (Purdue University, former national ACS and NOBCChE president, member of the National Academy of Sciences).
- Where: UCSD Campus
- When: March 21-23, 2014
- Abstract Deadline: February 21, 2014
The 27th Annual UC San Diego Undergraduate Research Conference will take place on April 26, 2014, from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. at the Faculty Club.
- Faculty nomination of students due: March 25
- Student registration due: April 7 by 10 a.m.
- URC “how to present” seminar: April 15, 4-5 p.m. or 5-6 p.m. in the Student Center B Conference Room
- URC technical run: April 24, 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Student Center B Conference Room
- URC: April 26, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the UCSD Faculty Club
- What: Up to $2,000 for Warren students to engage in scholarly research and creative or artistic experimentation.
- Deadline: Friday, April 11, 2014
- For more information visit Earl Warren College